- Love God and love people. Without love, we have nothing.
- Marry your best friend! Haley has made my life unimaginably better.
- Smile and laugh as much as you can, and spend time around people that make you laugh and smile.
- Most arguments aren’t worth it. Admit when you are wrong and offer a sincere apology.
- The grass is greener where you water it. Most of what we see from other people are highlight reel clips. Don’t get caught up in comparison.
There are many things in life that we feel like we just can’t shake-whether it is humorous, a good thing, or something quite unfortunate.
However, there is one word that once grasped, is proven to be truly unshakeable. In Psalm 71, the Psalmist writes about this special word: hope.
We all have a God-sized hole in our lives that only He can fill. When we spend our days turning our wheels, loading up our calendars, and fulfilling our tasks, we can temporarily delay recognizing our desperate need for hope. However, when life slows us down and forces our minds to recognize that we are in need of something, we desire for something to tell us that everything is going to work out in the end. For most, they don’t realize that no matter how hard they work, how good they try to be, and how kind they believe they are to others, that it won’t change their eternal destiny. Additionally, all this trying will not bring their soul peace. The thing that they are missing is HOPE.
Too often we cushion our own purposelessness by asking what our purpose is. That isn’t the answer. You know your purpose. You know why you were made, and who you were made by. Now, the ball is in your court. Knowing and doing are two different things. The people who bridge that gap are the ones who live on purpose.
I want to challenge you today: if you don’t know the purpose of your life, maybe it’s because you don’t really want to know. In order to know the purpose of your life, you have to put forth the effort to find out.