- Love God and love people. Without love, we have nothing.
- Marry your best friend! Haley has made my life unimaginably better.
- Smile and laugh as much as you can, and spend time around people that make you laugh and smile.
- Most arguments aren’t worth it. Admit when you are wrong and offer a sincere apology.
- The grass is greener where you water it. Most of what we see from other people are highlight reel clips. Don’t get caught up in comparison.
Whenever we choose a word for the year, set out to accomplish a big task, or create a large goal, there will always be failure along the way. At the end of the day, everyone fails. The difference between those who end up succeeding and those who don’t is not that they didn’t fail, but how they responded to the failure.
Too often we cushion our own purposelessness by asking what our purpose is. That isn’t the answer. You know your purpose. You know why you were made, and who you were made by. Now, the ball is in your court. Knowing and doing are two different things. The people who bridge that gap are the ones who live on purpose.
I want to challenge you today: if you don’t know the purpose of your life, maybe it’s because you don’t really want to know. In order to know the purpose of your life, you have to put forth the effort to find out.