S3 Ep 3 Leading Yourself
S3 Ep 3 Leading Yourself - Show Notes
- Leadership happens with yourself as much as it happens with other people
- All season long we are asking the question: How does it feel to be on the other side of me?
- Why is it important to lead yourself well?
- We don’t become who we want to become on accident
- When you get in the car and are going somewhere you’ve never been, you use GPS to get where you need to go. You don’t randomly stumble upon your destination
- Are you becoming the friend you want to have?
- Are you becoming the man/woman you want to date?
- Are you becoming who you want your spouse to be?
- We have to evaluate our own lives so we can make decisions that will lead us towards the people we want to become
- How do we lead ourselves well?
- Evaluate some areas of your life by asking yourself questions like:
- How are you spending your time?
- What are you watching or not watching?
- What are you listening to or not listening to?
- Who are you spending time with?
- How are you growing or not growing?
- Are the expectations/standards we have for other people the same expectations/standards we have for ourselves?
- The way we lead ourselves has a direct effect on the people around us
CHALLENGE: Find one thing you are going to say no to, and one thing you are going to say yes to?